twitter




Monday, October 12, 2009

How do I make my own Email Address and run my own Email server?

I hope I'm not oversimplifying here. It can be a complex process, depending on a lot of variables.





First you have to register a domain. Once you have that done, the rest depends on what operating system you're running and what mail transfer agent you want to use. You also need to be sure that the domain name is configured in a DNS server properly so that the rest of the world will know where your mail server is. You can use a dynamic DNS service if you don't have a static IP.





The easiest thing to do would be to open an account with a hosting provider. They'll have the hardware, software and Internet connections you need for reliable service, hopefully, and help you get the domain name registered. It's against the rules to post URLs to non-yahoo sites for commercial purposes, so you'd have to do research to find such a provider.





If you're looking for step by step instructions on how to do it all yourself, you'd want to supply more specifics, such as what operating system your server will be running.
How do I make my own Email Address and run my own Email server?
you can register a domain name, get hosting for it and there are companies that will allow you to build as many addresses as you wish. Here is one i already use: http://www.hostkenya.net/
Reply:why dont u join the yahoo or google guys





huh
male name

No comments:

Post a Comment